Dr. Koons's Bio
Dr. Jay Koons received his Bachelors of Science in Pharmacology from Butler University going on to receive his Ph.D. in Pharmacology from the University of Iowa. He attended the University of Maryland for medical school and completed his Internship and Residency at the University of Florida. For his Fellowship, Dr. Koons was Chief Fellow at the University of Alabama in Birmingham, Alabama.
Dr. Koons is board certified in Cardiovascular Diseases, Interventional Cardiology, and Nuclear Cardiology. He holds a specialty certification as a Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation. His clinical interests include interventional cardiology, device implantation, and venous ablation.
A physician of The Cardiac & Vascular Institute since 1995, Dr. Koons is a member of the Alachua County Medical Society and the Florida Medical Society. In his leisure time, he is a photography enthusiast and enjoys spending time with his family.
- Interventional Cardiology
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease
- University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- Ph.D. – University of Iowa Iowa City, Iowa
- M.D. – University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland
- B.S. – Butler University Indianapolis, Indiana