Letter to Our Patients: TCAVI Update on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
March 16, 2020
Dear TCAVI Patients,
The Cardiac & Vascular Institute is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients and employees. We are very carefully monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and referring to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), government agencies, and local health officials for guidance and recommendations in this difficult situation. We want our patients to feel confident and comfortable when visiting any TCAVI location.
While we have always had cleaning and sanitation processes at every office, we are implementing additional steps to ensure customers and employees are safe.
Cleaning protocols – we have re-enforced and enhanced our office cleaning policies, including:
- Regularly cleaning of all common areas, bathrooms, chairs, etc. multiple times per day
- Keeping trash levels low, food consumed in designated areas only, equipment organized
- Cleaning equipment, computers, desks, chairs and exam rooms throughout the day
- Using hand sanitizer/washing hands frequently throughout the day
Social distancing protocols
- Enforce that we do not have our providers and employees shake hands with patients or other employees
- Maintain safe distance between patients and other employees (at least six feet)
- Mandate that employees wash their hands or sanitize immediately prior and after every exam or patient engagement
- Employees have been instructed to leave work immediately if flu-like symptoms arise and immediately notify their management team
When visiting one of the TCAVI offices, your experience may look or feel different than normal as we are implementing enhanced protocols to ensure your safety.
If you have had close contact with confirmed COVID-19 patient within 14 days, traveled outside of Florida within 14 days or have fever or flu like symptoms now or within the last 7 days please call our office regarding your appointment.
We hope this eliminates concerns you may have when visiting one of our TCAVI office. The well-being of our employees and patients is our first priority.
The Cardiac & Vascular Institute
For more information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) please visit the Center for Disease Control (CDC):