Dr. Khuddus's Bio
Matheen A. Khuddus, M.D. is a native of South Florida and is a graduate of the University of Florida College of Medicine, Junior Honors Medical Program. He completed his Residency in Internal Medicine as well as his Fellowship training in Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology at the University of Florida. He joined The Cardiac & Vascular Institute in 2008 and currently serves as the Medical Director and the Director of Cardiovascular Research.
Dr. Khuddus maintains several professional associations including designations as a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and the Society of Cardiovascular Interventions and Angiography. He is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Cardiovascular Medicine, Interventional Cardiology, and Internal Medicine. He is also board certified in Nuclear Cardiology and is an American Society of Hypertension Certified Specialist in Clinical Hypertension.
His primary areas interests include the treatment of complex coronary artery disease, radial artery access for cardiac catheterization and the endovascular treatment of peripheral arterial disease including carotid disease, critical limb ischemia and emerging interventional techniques for the treatment of hypertension. He is the primary investigator on several clinical trials evaluating novel device and drug therapies for the treatment of coronary artery and peripheral vascular disease. Dr. Khuddus has co-authored book chapters and Continuing Medical Education activities as well as contributing to magazines and peer reviewed journals covering various topics in cardiovascular medicine.
Dr. Khuddus remains active in the community frequently participating in community educational events and supporting the American Heart Association. He is currently a board member of the Alachua County Medical Society. In his spare time, he enjoys fishing, traveling and spending time with his wife and three children.
- Interventional Cardiology
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Specialist in: Internal Medicine, Clinical Hypertension
- Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida
- Interventional Cardiology, University of Florida, College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida
- Department of Internal Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida
- M.D. – University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida
- B.S. – University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida